Smoke Fills P.F. Chang’s

By Steve Jellinek

info@longislandergroup.com

Firefighters from the Huntington Manor Fire Department investigate the roof of the P.F. Chang’s restaurant at the Walt Whitman Shops to determine the source of smoke that filled the restaurant Sunday evening. (PHoto / Steve Silverman)

Firefighters from the Huntington Manor Fire Department investigate the roof of the P.F. Chang’s restaurant at the Walt Whitman Shops to determine the source of smoke that filled the restaurant Sunday evening. (PHoto / Steve Silverman)

The Huntington Manor Fire Department responded Sunday around 5:20 p.m. to reports of smoke filling the P.F. Chang’s restaurant at the Walt Whitman Shops, fire officials said.

Firefighters investigated the restaurant’s roof and air ducts and believe the smoke was caused by the building’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.

Under the command of Huntington Manor Fire Department Chief Frank McQuade, around 25 firefighters evacuated 60 people, including staff and patrons, that were in the restaurant located at 160 Walt Whitman Road in Huntington Station. Huntington Manor also responded with an engine and ladder truck.

No injuries were reported.