CO Leak Discovered At Village Bar

By Andrew Wroblewski

awroblewski@longislandergroup.com

 

Huntington fire officials are called to Finley’s of Greene Street Tuesday afternoon to inspect a carbon monoxide leak.

Huntington fire officials are called to Finley’s of Greene Street Tuesday afternoon to inspect a carbon monoxide leak.

A routine inspection turned into an emergency call to the Huntington Fire Department Tuesday afternoon after a carbon monoxide leak was found.

Firefighters were called to Huntington village bar Finley's of Greene Street – also known as Dr. Finley’s Publick House – at approximately 2 p.m. after a routine inspection by the Town Fire Marshal resulted in an inspector's carbon monoxide detector going off, aid Brian Finn, co-owner and executive chef of Storyville American Table, the food partner and next-door neighbor of Finley’s. Town Spokesman A.J. Carter said this was the third CO leak detected by a town inspector in the last "few weeks."

Upon the arrival of fire officials, the building was evacuated. Fire officials confirmed that there did not appear to be any immediate injuries.

Finn said the source of the carbon monoxide was a blocked vent and that business would be back up and running after the leak was addressed.