The 2017 Long Island Fall Festival, presented by the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce, hits Heckscher Park in Huntington over Columbus Day weekend, Oct. 6-9.
Here are some activities to check out during your visit:
Visit Verizon Island: Many activities are in store at Verizon Island including Spin Art -- a one-of-a-kind way to decorate old vinyl records. Stop by and create your masterpiece!
World-Class Carnival: Children of all ages will spin, swirl and sway on the exhilarating rides in this World Class Carnival, presented by Newton Shows. Friday 5-9 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Monday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Pay-one-price wristband only $30 or purchase tickets individually. Discount coupons available at local Huntington village merchants.
Shop ’Til You Drop: Hundreds of vendors, including local artists and craftsmen line Prime and Madison streets, adjacent to Heckscher Park. Street vendors open Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Columbus Day Parade: The Sons of Italy sponsored parade on Sunday, Oct. 8, 12:30-2 p.m. Meatball eating contest at the carnival stage, 3 p.m. Sing along with Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti.
Hilltop Brewery: Head to the beer & wine tent for an amazing day of craft beer, and great wine. The tent opens at 11 a.m. every day, so come early and stay late to enjoy all the day has to offer! The tent will have more than 15 of the finest craft and seasonal brews and many award-winning beers. Sit back and relax in the large pavilion area and catch the big game on one of the large flat screen high-definition TVs. For those of you who enjoy a glass of wine, there will also be a select number different tastes for you.
Coffee House: Whether you need your morning coffee to start the day, or like to enjoy a hot beverage while listening to the acoustic music, the Coffee House has you covered. With a variety of coffees and teas you can stay caffeinated day and night. Located in the Heckscher Museum parking lot.
Farmer’s Market By Best Yet Market: The event's local farmers market, sponsored by Best Yet Market, showcases the best of New York’s seasonal fare -- everything from fresh local apples, pumpkins, fresh baked breads, and so much more!
For The Little Ones:
- Pony Rides & Petting Zoo
- Mad Scientist: Learn the secret of making your very own “goo.” Children will learn the scientific concept of how it works and walk away with a fun product.
- Explore The Heckscher Museum Of Art: On Saturday, Oct. 7 and Sunday, Oct. 8, 11a.m.-5 p.m., reduced admission, $2 per person; free for children 10 and under, active military, veterans and their families.
- Art Activity For Children: Autumn Owl Collage, Sunday, Oct. 8, 12 noon-4 p.m. Free. On Museum Terrace. Join museum educators and create an Autumn Owl (weather permitting).
Wait, There Is More…
• Stop by Newsday Social Media photo booth near the playground for your complimentary commemorative photo
• Maximum K9 Service will be holding dog training demonstrations throughout the weekend.