As part of his continued efforts to help homeowners reduce their property tax burden, Nassau Executive Edward Mangano will be hosting a series of Property Tax Exemptions Workshops in October at libraries and community meeting halls throughout the county.
Department of Assessment staff will be on hand to assist any homeowner who would like to file for the veterans, senior citizen, Cold War veterans, volunteer firefighters and ambulance workers, limited income disability, home improvement or (for homeowners already in the STAR Program) the Enhanced STAR property tax exemption on-site.
The property tax exemptions workshops will be offered from 1-2:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Thursday, Oct. 6, at the Garden City Senior Center located at 6 Golf Club Lane.
• Friday, Oct. 7, at the Lake Success Village Hall located at 318 Lakeville Road.
• Thursday, Oct. 13, at the East Meadow Public Library located at 1886 Front St.
• Friday, Oct. 14, at the Gateway World Christian Center located at 502 North Central Ave., Valley Stream.
• Thursday, Oct. 20, at the West Hempstead Public Library located at 500 Hempstead Ave.
The previously scheduled exemptions workshop for Monday, Oct. 17 at the Wantagh Public Library has been cancelled by the library due to building construction.
Homeowners who will be filing for a property tax exemption are encouraged to make copies of their 2015 Federal and State Income Tax Forms, Driver’s License, and any other documentation that is required prior to the workshop. Documentation requirements can be viewed on the application available on the Department of Assessment website at Mynassauproperty.com.
For further information regarding property tax exemptions that are offered by Nassau, contact the Department of Assessment Exemptions Division at 516-571-1500.