School District: Threat Investigation Closed

The Half Hollow Hills High School East school district recently declared its investigation on four anonymous, threatening messages it received over.

The Half Hollow Hills High School East school district recently declared its investigation on four anonymous, threatening messages it received over.

Just over two months after receiving the first of four anonymous messages threatening Half Hollow Hills High School East, the school district declared its investigation over in an email to district parents on Tuesday.

Several students have been disciplined in relation to the November and December 2014 threats, according to the email, and the district has closed its own investigation. The Suffolk County Police Department will continue its criminal investigation, police confirmed.

“At this point, the district is satisfied that it has identified all of the students involved in these incidents and has administered disciplinary consequences to several students that are appropriate for their individual actions,” the email reads.

The unsigned district email mentions no student names and gives no specifics about student actions – according to the text, the district will release no further information because the investigation now belongs exclusively to police.

According to police, no one had been arrested for making the threats as of Tuesday and the investigation is ongoing.

The first threatening emails that are part of this investigation arrived on Nov. 6, when the school district and the Suffolk County Police Department each received emails mentioning a bomb from an anonymous sender. On Dec. 3, the district received another threatening message and sent students home early. Police said that day that they found “nothing suspicious” after searching the school.

Police arrested a Hills East student on a charge of computer trespass as a result of the threat investigation on Dec. 15, but the 16-year-old was not charged in relation to the threat, police said at the time. Less than 24 hours after the student’s arrest, the district received a fourth threat targeting the high school.